Relevant lectures and workshops:
- MUPS in the making, in course Managing Science and Technology in Society
- A systemic approach in pharmaceutical innovation, in course Clinical Trials and Health Care
- The constitution of health care systems, as part of the Research Master Global Health
- Innovatie in de zorg en de rol van de overheid, in course Management van Innovaties
- Problems of modernity, the complex way out, in honours course Communication and Innovation in Health and Life Sciences
- Persistent problems in health care, HSMO, Rotterdam
- Conference paper presentation op EASST 2010, Trento, 1-4 september 2010.
- The social brain; an introduction into the brain, behaviour and, (changing) habits, Pa-f, 29 augustus 2010, St Erme, France.
- Transitions in health care; how did the current health care system come to be and how can we understand and solve its persistent problems? KSI-conference, Rotterdam, 3-4 juni 2010.
- Conference paper, European Conference on Sustainability Transitions, Amsterdam, 6 juni 2009.
- Distributed bodies: practices of disability and chronic disease, Amsterdam, 16 december 2009.
Schuitmaker, T.J. & Ter Haar, E. (2014, forthcoming), ‘Chapter 4. Unravelling persistent problems through analyzing innovative practices in health care’, in Grin, J. and Broerse, J.E.W. (eds.), Towards system innovations in health care systems: Understanding historical evolution, innovative practices and opportunities for a transition in health care, New York/Oxford: Routledge
Benard, M., Schuitmaker, T.J., De Cock Buning, T. (2013), Scientists and Dutch Pig Farmers in Dialogue About Tail Biting: Unravelling the Mechanism of Multi-stakeholder Learning. Journal of Agricultural and Environmental Ethics: 1-22.
Schuitmaker, T.J. (2013), Persistent problems in the Dutch health care system: learning from novel practices for a transition in health care with the UPP framework, proefschrift Universiteit van Amsterdam
Schuitmaker, T. J. (2012), Identifying and unravelling persistent problems. Technological Forecasting & Social Change 79(6): 1021–1031.
Schuitmaker, T.J. (2010), ‘Chapter 2. Persistent problems in the Dutch healthcare system: an instrument for analysing system deficits‘, in Bunders, J.F.G. and Broerse, J.E.W. (eds.), Transitions in Health Systems, Amsterdam: VU University Press.